Fruits which are naturally grown are meant for the climate. They have special nutrients just right for the climate. We are used to eating what we want, and defeat the purpose of eating. Remember eating is for living and not the other way round. The super markets have spoiled us.
Here are a few facts which will induce you towards the seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- When you eat seasonal fruits it reduces the chemicals and pesticide exposure. The fruits grow naturally and give you the nutrition sans the chemicals.
- Seasonal fruits contain high amounts of flavonoids which are natural anti oxidants and it increases your life span and health.
- If seasonal crops are grown they help the earth replenish its nutrients. These are the nutrients which are present in our food.
- Fruits of the season have nutrients which have been designed by nature for the particular season. It helps our body across seasons to have seasonal fruits.
- The seasonal fruits are actually fresh. If the fruits are brought from 2000 kilometers away can they be fresh? Just ask yourself.
- If we depend on the local seasonal fruits, we are actually helping the environment. Less fossil fuels will be burnt to bring things to us.
- The transportation over long distances has its demerits. The fruits are picked early before maturity and leads to loss of essential vitamins.
- More Vitamins are found in seasonal fruits when compared to non-seasonal ones. These are vitamins which keep you healthy and prepared for the diversity in climate.